Monday, March 24, 2014

A Book in Review: My Story by Elizabeth Smart


  Hello and happy Monday to you all!  It is such a gloriously sunny day here in the Seattle area.  Spring has arrived and has brought warmer temps and blue skies.  It has been so refreshing to get outdoors and breath in the still crisp air and feel the warm sunshine on my face.  We are so used to gray skies and rain here, that whenever the sun shines Washingtonians practically rush outside to soak it in while it lasts!

  One of my favorite things to do is read.  It is so relaxing and inspiring to step into another world for a moment and experience what others have written about.  When I find a book that catches my attention or imagination I simply devour it in just a couple days.  My latest read was no exception.  My wonderfully thoughtful neighbor brought me a couple books to read that she found exceptional.  The first book I read was My Story, Elizabeth Smart with Chris Stewart.

  A lot of people remember back to the time that every news network was covering the story of the kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart.  Thankfully, her story has a happy ending and she decided to write about it.  The book is incredibly well written and the story hard to read (in a good way).  No one wants to think about what she went through during her 9 months of captivity but it's written in such a way that gives the reader a clear picture without being overzealous in the details.  I really appreciated that and admired the way she told her story.  Throughout her entire ordeal, she never lost faith in her God and even shares some of the miracles He sent her way at the very moment she needed them most.  Her family is such an inspiration to me as well as the way she has chosen to live after her rescue.  If you are looking for an inspirational read I highly recommend this book.  Hopefully it will uplift you as much as it has done for me.

~Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment