Thursday, October 23, 2014

Then Came the Walls


Happy Fall!  Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my remodel.  We started off our project in August and have been working on the "guts" of our house (plumbing, ducting and electrical) ever since.  So many issues to correct and so many changes to our floor plan happening round here!  Let me just say that I had a pretty solid idea of how I wanted things to look when it's all said and done, but when my contractor started asking me where I wanted light switches and canned lights and such I was baffled.  Oh the hours I've spent researching crazy things like how to calculate the number of recessed lights needed.  My husband and I literally spent hours standing in our stripped down main floor staring at the walls trying to invasion what each little decision would actually look like when finished.  So many things to think of like functionality, usability and how it would look, that I seriously think I injured my brain thinking too hard.

Now with a lot more gray hairs on my head, we are finally getting to make the fun choices like countertop, flooring, cabinets ect.  Finding materials that we like in budget and that have the durability that we need for a family of 5 has been quite the challenge.  My kids have become very comfortable hanging out in warehouses while I check out quartz slabs.  They've begun to expect to hit up different home stores whenever we have a spare hour and therefore the whining has lessened (a bit).  The end cannot come fast enough for us so we are on a mission to finalize our decisions and sit back and let it all unfold.

Here is a little of what has been happening the last week or so.

french doors and windows are in!

fireplace has been installed

we have walls!

drywall and more drywall


ceilings!


Things are moving along and we're getting close to being able to start the countdown of when we can take back our home!  Don't forget to stop by again soon to see what happens next.

~Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment