Monday, November 3, 2014

Resources Close to Home

Shopping local is a concept on peoples minds these days.  Whether you are looking for used goods or brand new and shiny, chances are that there are plenty of local shops near you that can offer up just what you need.  I'm always excited when I come across a store that I never knew existed in my city.  Sometimes it can be tricky to find these (hidden) gems unless you are specifically told about them.  More and more people are getting more interested in reusing rather than consuming.  For those of you who live in the Seattle area, I've decided to share some of the places that I've wandered into and have found many treasures.

For salvaged goods check out these great options:

Second use
Earthwise
The ReStore -recycled paint too!
Pacific Northwest Timbers, LLC

Another great way to shop when something new is need is to support local shops.  A little Internet research can lead you to some of the best shops in town.

For home remodel needs check out these stores:

Rejuvination-lighting & house parts (started in Oregon/pacific northwest)
Seattle Lighting
Best Kitchen- Cabinet & granite supplies
Superior Cabinets

For used furniture, baby items, clothes, etc. check out:

Varagesale
OfferUp
Craigslist (of coarse!)

No matter what you are looking for, it is always fun to find a shop or individual close to home that has just what  you need.  I wish you luck on your shopping local journey and don't forget to share your favorite shops with me!

~Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment