Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Matters-Beach Camping Trip

I would usually like to start the day with this post, but considering that its Monday, I'm just now getting around to it even though it's almost Tuesday.  This typical Monday has been made a little easier with the beautiful sunshine.  I just looovee summer!
 Last week the family and I went to Cannon Beach for a short camping trip.  After looking up the cost of hotels in that area, I quickly decided that camping was the way to go.  Luckily, my parents have a fifth wheel trailer that we can borrow at our leisure.  We have been camping with our kids since they were babies and let me tell you, trailer camping is the way to go.  Camping with young kids is hard work ( and tons of fun!) in general.  Add to that the glories of "roughing-it" in a tent without electricity, a faucet at hand or a fridge and you have increased your work load significantly.  That said, I much prefer camping in a trailer and would highly recommend it to anyone considering that option.  We spent 3 nights at Cannon Beach RV Resort which is just a short drive (or long walk) to the beautiful beach.  There are a few things I look for at a campground, things that make camping with kids more enjoyable for everyone.  I always love to find treasures like a wooded setting (kids love trees!), swimming pool and playground.  We found all three of these and that truly makes it a camping resort.
The town of Cannon Beach is a great place to stroll down the street and look at or in all the cute and funky shops and also happens to be a great place to stop for lunch.  Being that my 3 year old daughter is gluten intolerant, it's always stressful to vacation because there are not a lot of restaurants that offer kid friendly gluten-free menu items.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a handful of restaurants that offered a great selection for her to choose from.  Yay!  Crisis averted.  Because this town is in the Pacific Northwest it has somewhat temperamental weather.  Most of our days where chilly and mostly cloudy, but our last day was clear skies, sunshine and warm temps.  We were in heaven!  We played at the beach the entire day and even found a pet for the day, "Hermie" the hermit crab.  My 5 year old is always one to seek out some kind of creature and is very quick to make it part of the family.  Luckily, we were able to convince him that Hermie was better suited to ocean life and released him back into the wild at the end of our fun-filled day.  I hope you are all able to take a beach trip, short or long, this summer and hope this post will encourage you to make it a camping trip!

~Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment