Friday, September 13, 2013

The Glories of Free Paint

Recently I saw an advertisement for a free quart of paint at my local hardware store.  Being the cynic that I am, I made sure to carefully ready the fine print to make sure it was really free.   Low and behold...it really was free!  I have been itching to paint some furniture and was more than excited to get started.  The hard part was deciding which piece of furniture to paint and what color!  Decisions, decisions...I finally decided to go with a small wood pedestal table that I've been using as a printer table in my office.  It was painted red and just didn't go with my office decor.  I knew that I wanted to do some kind of blue but wasn't sure whether to choose navy or a peacock blue.  In the end, the peacock blue color won!  The very next day I got to work.


First I had to sand the table to smooth out some of the paint that had been nicked.  Once I sanded and wiped it clean I primed it with Zinsser Stain Cover, my new favorite primer.  After the primer had dried, I sanded down a few spots left from the paint brush and added another coat of primer over some bare spots.  I new I was using a dark color over the red so I didn't use two full coats of primer.


This is my free paint!  I have never used this brand before but I was pleasantly surprised.  It had great coverage and went on pretty thick so I only needed 2 coats.  


Because this is such a fabulous color I can use this little gem of a table in any room of my house.  I just love it when I can transfer furniture and accessories from room to room and basically "go shopping" in my own home!  What a great way to change things up without spending any cash.

Trisha






No comments:

Post a Comment