Friday, September 27, 2013

Mirror, mirror...Fantastic Friday project

Hello and Happy Friday!  This week has been particularly busy for me so I thought I'd finish up a project that has been waiting in the wings.  This project happens to include two small round mirrors that I had spray painted awhile back.  I am moving them to another room in the house, so I though I'd change their color to look better in their new place.  One time consuming thing about painting mirrors that you may have already experienced, is its quite tedious to scrape paint off the mirror after the project is finished if they weren't covered properly.  Been there and done that!  It's by no means hard to scrape off but it does add another step to the project that I'd rather avoid.  So here's a simple solution to avoid scraping paint.


Start off by gathering your supplies.  Mine included the two mirrors, painters tape and a craft knife.


 Next, put one strip of tape along the edge of the mirror and push into the edge with your fingernail to make a sharp crease.  Take your craft knife and cut along the crease being careful not to snag an edge & peel up the tape.  After making your cut, carefully peel the excess tape off.




Now you have the tape exactly where you need it so you can easily paint the inside.  Continue this process until you have fully covered the mirrored surface.  In all, it only took me a few minutes start to finish.


Ta-da!  Here's the result!  Now I can move on to painting and hanging and get this project off the to-do list.  

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment