Saturday, August 17, 2013

Away We Go! Vintage Market Hopping

Re-purposing, up-cycling, re-do, re-use, recycle...these are all things we hear more and more when it comes to our house.  The "take what you have and give it a new life" approach is a really fantastic way to save money and refresh your space.  Sometimes my brain refuses to see an old furniture piece in a new way so I have to seek out inspiration.  One of the most fun ways to be inspired is to see what others are doing.  Today I spend the day with an amazing friend cruising vintage markets.  My new favorite market to shop is Valley Vintage Market in Poulsbo, Washington. The selection was pretty fantastic, prices negotiable and people very friendly & helpful.  What a great way to spend a Saturday!




One of the sellers was so helpful that she pointed us in the direction of a couple other markets along our way home...love this!  Every one know that it's or miss with vintage markets and antique shops but it truly doesn't matter when you go on this adventure with a fantastic person.  Sometimes window shopping with coffee in hand enjoying good conversation is all you need.  Today though I had the bonus of finding a few treasures along the way.  I have mentioned before my love for industrial accents in my home, so naturally I couldn't come home without something to represent!  I just love gears!



Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment