Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Let there be Dessert!

I am a huge fan of baking...I really love it!  The challenge: we eat mostly Paleo and baking within these dietary restrictions can be challenging.  Does that deter me from my passion?  No way!  I'm always searching for recipes to try out and different ways to use the (sometimes) limited ingredients I have to work with.  It has taken some time, but I have gotten used to the way my baked goods turn out now that I mostly use almond flour or coconut flour rather than white, wheat or even gluten-free flours.  My all time favorite site for baked goods, as well as many other wonderful recipes is Elana's Pantry.  She has come up with so many yummy recipes that don't include refined sugars, wheat and even dairy which can cause so many problems for people (including me!).  Last week I decided to try something new.  I really enjoy lemon desserts but wanted a change from my usual lemon tart.  I wandered over to Swiss Paleo and found a recipe for lemon brownies...interesting, right?  They turned out as delicious as they look and were very easy to make.  I love having a little sweet treat now and then that doesn't make me feel gross after eating it.  No sugar crash here!  If you'd like to try these beauties, head over to Swiss Paleo!



Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment