Monday, August 19, 2013

May the Best Mini Mudroom Win!

My husband and I are in the process of re-doing our garage (will show before & afters in next post).  When we moved into our house, the garage had mostly open walls (zero drywall) and odds and ends of shelving in all different varieties.  It's dirty, unorganized and in utter chaos most of the time.  At one time I was able to park my car in there, but that was short lived as the cobwebs and clutter began to take over.  After asking my husband to clean and organize "his" domain, he informed me that it was a gut job...i.e. rip everything out and start over.  Umm, not exactly what I was thinking, but ok.  It has been a long process since we've had to do the work on the weekends and it's still not ready for paint or shelving.  We are getting close though so I've started looking for ideas to incorporate a mudroom area in among the storage and cars.  I would love to have a separate space for a mudroom but it's just not possible in this house.  So a mini mudroom it is!  Here are some of my inspirations...



I absolutely love the idea of using different units together to create the built-in look.  Most pre-fab mudroom units are a bit pricey for me.  This picture is awesome because it tells you exactly what unit to buy to get this look...easy!



These are just a few of the many great ideas I've been seeing.  What I know for sure is I want a bench that is either open underneath for muddy shoes or a bench that has shoe rails underneath.  I really don't think I want to clean out mud and dirt from shoe baskets, bins or cubbies.  I've heard of people placing large cookie sheets under shoes to catch the drips and debris...hmm.  What are you currently using in your mudroom?  I'd love to hear all your ideas!

Trisha



No comments:

Post a Comment